Who or what does the organization report to?
British Columbia Provincial Health Services Authority
Mandatory/Regulatory or Voluntary/Non-Regulatory
The Ministry of Health works together with a provincial health authority, five regional health authorities, and a First Nations health authority to provide high quality, appropriate and timely health services to British Columbians.
Provincial Health Services Authority
The Provincial Health Services Authority is responsible for:
- working with the five regional health authorities to plan and co-ordinate the delivery of provincial programs and specialized services; and
- governing and managing the organizations that provide specialized health services throughout the province.
Regional Health Authorities
The five regional health authorities govern, plan, and deliver health-care services within their geographic areas.
The regional health authorities are responsible for:
- identifying population health needs
- planning appropriate programs and services
- ensuring programs and services are properly funded and managed
- meeting performance objectives
Relevant links and Documents