Do you want to feel more confident when engaging in conversations with consumers?
Do you want tips and tools to build trust with the non-farming public?
Then register for one of the Speak Up! workshops being offered by BC Agriculture Council! These workshops are FREE OF CHARGE for BCAC members, and BC farmers and ranchers. https://bcac.ca/what-we-do/pt/workshops/
It’s sometimes hard for farmers and those who work in agriculture to find the words to say when tough questions or inaccurate claims are raised. The Speak Up! Training workshop teaches participants how to tell their stories in an easy-to-understand and compelling manner and explains how to have a positive, meaningful conversation about food and farming, providing pointers on handling difficult subjects. Clinton Monchuk, Executive Director of Farm and Food Care Saskatchewan will deliver this interactive workshop.
Workshop topics include:
- Describing the average Canadian consumer - what they know about farming and how they think about food.
- Coaching on how to have a positive, truthful conversation about food and farming.
- Tips on handling difficult subjects.
- Overview of how to speak to media should you get the opportunity.
- How to communicate effectively to large groups whether it is hosting on-farm tours, council meetings, service clubs, school groups and any other situation where you are tasked with answering tough consumer questions about how food is produced.