Monthly R&D Series - Third Thursdays!
A great opportunity for industry to get involved with the BCWGC R&D Committee, meet the researchers and bring your questions to the table. These monthly R&D series are for industry to participate in an informal virtual discussion on research priorities that support BC enology and viticulture.
Join us via Zoom from 9:00 - 10:00 :
August 18, 2022 - Cellar Safety: Preparing for Harvest, Manufacturing Safety Alliance -
Routine maintenance and cleaning can be hazardous for workers who lack training in key safety areas. In this session with Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC, occupational health and safety expert Heidi Hare will show you:
• How confined spaces can be a risk and how to keep team members safe
• Best practices for cleaning and sanitizing containers and equipment
• What you need to know about WorkSafeBC’s new focus on ozone and sulphur dioxide in sterilization
• Where to go for help
Presenter Heidi Hare, CRSP, has more than 14 years of occupational health and safety experience, in:
• Safety training for utilities, construction, heavy industry, and post-secondary continuing education
• Occupational hygiene programs
• Staff orientation in health and safety practices for industrial, laboratory, and office
• Strategic communications with government, provincial health, corporate partners, and scientific researchers
• Research proposals, safe work procedures, exposure control plans, and scientific publications
Heidi began her career in Health and Safety with the BC Cancer Agency and has expanded beyond safety services to adult safety instruction and project management. Her goal is to drive consistency, working collaboratively and providing solutions to continually improve worker safety.
Membership on the R&D Committee is open to all grape growers and winery representatives, in good standing, on a voluntary basis as well as non-voting members who are partners and stakeholders.