Across BC, the BC Agriculture and Food Climate Action Initiative is hosting an agriculture and wildfire risk reduction workshop aimed at agricultural producers from all sectors, wildfire response and emergency personnel, and local government representatives. Producers will gain vital knowledge to prepare themselves and their operations for wildfire.
Producers will have the opportunity to:
1) Learn local wildfire behavior, threat, and history, and how to apply lessons learned to structural protection
2) Develop customized wildfire preparedness plans for your operations that outline what needs to occur before, during, and after a fire.
3) Connect with local government representatives responsible for wildfire and emergency planning, as well as local wildfire and emergency response personnel.
This workshop is free, with lunch and refreshments provided. Pre-registration can be completed here: https://bcwildfirepreparedness2019.eventbrite.com
Workshops will be held in the following communities (see the attached poster as well):
- McBride - November 26th, 2019
- Prince George - November 28th, 2019
- 100 Mile House - December 2nd, 2019
- Keremeos - January 14th, 2020
- Salmon Arm - January 16th, 2020
- Merritt - January 18th, 2020
- Tarrys - January 22nd, 2020
- Comox Valley - February 10th, 2020
If you would like a poster for any specific workshops or if you have any feedback or would like to inquire about event details, please contact me at email@example.com or at 250.777.3858.