The Opportunity BDO Canada Limited (“BDO”), in its capacity as court appointed receiver of Mike Weir Wine Inc., is inviting offers for the purchase of the assets and operations of Mike Weir Wine Inc. The principal assets are the owned land and buildings comprising the winery and certain wine making equipment located at 3997 Locust Lane, Beamsville, Ontario, Canada (the “Winery”). The Company’s real property includes a hospitality building, a wine production building, a rental cottage; a Quonset hut for equipment storage and a house that has been converted to office space. Key Investment Highlights
- The Winery is located on the Niagara escarpment at 3997 Locust Lane, Beamsville, ON approximately 7 km south of the QEW highway. The Facility is built on approximately 50.49 acres of land that connects to the Bruce Trail nature preserve. The site also features open views of the rolling vineyards below and north towards Lake Ontario and the Toronto skyline.
- The hospitality building is approximately 9,000 sq. ft and that was renovated in 2014 with redesigned retail and hospitality spaces.The building maximum capacity is approximately 300 people with pantries, office/staff area, storage rooms, kitchen & prep areas and washrooms.
- The wine production building is 4,860 sq ft., a loading dock with 2 – 10’ doors, built-in glycol system and high ceilings in the cellar for tank storage.A listing of the equipment owned by the Winery is available upon request.
- The cottage features a wood frame construction with cathedral ceiling.The interior includes an open concept kitchen/dinette/living room, loft bedroom and 3 piece bathroom with Jacuzzi tub.
- The Winery has approximately 13 acres planted with the following varietals: Riesling (Upper), Riesling (Lower), Chardonnay, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Pinot Gris and Vidal.
- The property is zoned under the Niagara Escarpment Commission and has obtained special approval for the restaurant license.