Absolutely! The Exhibitor Workshop Area is a great opportunity to increase your brand visibility at this Canadian wine and grape industry’s premier gathering. It will be located in the Expo Room at the end of the Atrium area. There will be six (6) 45-minutes slots (with 15 min set-up/take-downtime) for you to inform delegates about innovations in your product line or new research. The time slots will be on a first-come-first-served basis.
The Exhibitor Workshop Area includes:
- Screen 6’
- LCD projector with remote control
- Computer laptop on AV cart
- The rental fee will be $ 200 + GST (Platinum and Gold Sponsors have special opportunities)
To reserve your slot time contact Carolyn MacLaren at 778 878 6145 or firstname.lastname@example.org
No, but exhibitors are welcome to visit and relax in the spacious and welcoming atrium at the entrance to the Penticton Event Centre.
Yes, as long as someone is in your booth to answer question, exhibitors can attend sessions and workshops (except the wine tasting).
Yes, the username and pass code will be in your information package. It is an “unsecured” network. You may encounter problems if you have a security wall. Most problems occur around security certificates and here’s one response from the IT staff at the Convention Centre:
- In Windows Internet Explorer, click Continue to this website (not recommended).
- A red Address Bar and a certificate warning appear.
- Click the Certificate Error button to open the information window.
- Click View Certificates, and then click Install Certificate.
- On the warning message that appears, click Yes to install the certificate.
Exhibitors will have their coffee breaks and meals one half hour before the delegates come out of their presentations. This will allow you to be ready for them when they visit the tradeshow.
Yes for the most part - NOT carpeted are all 20 x 20 booths as well as booths 21 to 29 and 2. If you are in these booths and would like a carpet in your space, you can order one through Showtime or you can bring your own.
Table Cloth – White top and green or purple skirting
Pipe & Drape – Hunter green and burgundy
The Convention Centre will not accept any deliveries. The service of a customs brokerage firm is strongly recommended for all shipments originating outside of Canada. This eliminates the possibility of materials being held at the border by Canada Customs due to improper or insufficient documentation.
Exhibitors agree to ship at their own risk and expense all articles to be exhibited. Service charges do apply and are based on the total weight of exhibitor shipments. All shipments must be fully prepaid, co-signed and shipped to:
- Canadian Exhibitors – Visit www.showtimedisplay.com for shipping labels for materials handling. Ship to Showtime, #1 – 325 Bay Ave, Kelowna BC Tel: 1-800-721-0029 Fax: 1-877-468-3313. The period to ship is July 1 to July 14.
- US Exhibitors –
Option 2 – World Wide Customs Brokers. Contact: George Horner, 1-250-493-2801 Email: email@example.com for further information.
- Goods must be received by Friday, July 14 to ensure all requirements are met.
- All materials will be subject to materials handling charges, based on the total weight of your shipment. Anything shipped before July 1 would be subject to additional storage fees.
- Put 2 labels on each case and include your booth number. The person installing your exhibit should know HOW and WHEN shipments were made in case they become lost. You must also attach the Canada Border Agency Letter of Recognition to any boxes or packages being shipped to Canada. The letter can be downloaded here.
Yes. Exhibitors may share booth space with one other company only, providing it is industry related. The registering exhibitor will be invoiced. Only 2 reps (1 for each) are included in the booth fee.
Yes. In early June, the conference coordinator will send you your company descriptor that will appear in the tradeshow directory along with the names to be printed for your name badges. This will allow you to make any final changes. Registrations received after June 16, 2017 risk not being included in the Tradeshow Directory.
Absolutely! Please join us for our annual Wine & Cheese Reception in the Atrium and Tradeshow Hall on Monday, July 17 (5:00-6:30 pm). This will give you an additional opportunity to mingle with delegates in a relaxed, social atmosphere. Your booth fee and extra rep tickets include admission to this fun event.
Exhibitors may serve samples of wine (no more than 30 ml/ 1 oz) at their booths providing the person serving has a “Serve it Right” card. The exhibitor would be responsible for any cost (i.e., wine, glasses, etc). To obtain your “Serve it Right” certificate go to http://www.servingitright.com/
All name badges will be in your exhibitor package. Please pick up your package at the registration desk on Sunday, July 16. On Monday, Ju;y 17 our priority will be on delegate package pick up and exhibitors will have to wait to get their packages.
Breaking down early compromises the safety of everyone present in the tradeshow, negatively impacts the presentation of neighbouring booths, and risks poor representation of your company if visitors are circulating in the tradeshow.
NO BREAKDOWN will be permitted unless advised by Carolyn MacLaren, the conference coordinator.
A complimentary forklift will be available. However, you must reserve your time with the tradeshow coordinator, Carolyn MacLaren, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The weather is usually cooperative in July with temperatures between 20C (68F) and 28C (82F). However, the weather can have a mind of its own, bringing - sun, wind, and possibly rain. Please dress appropriately. Note: You should bring a sweater at the Convention Centre as air conditioning is often difficult to control.
There are 87 (8 x 10) booths which are 8 feet deep x 10 feet wide and 18 20 x 20 booths
- 8 x 10 have an 8-ft backdrop and two 3 ft-side rails
- 20 x 20 (priority is given to heavy equipment) have high drape back shell (where applicable)
- Small identification sign to help you locate your booth only
- A 2 x 6 foot table (covered and skirted)
- 2 stacking chairs
- Electrical: 120 volt, 750 watt duplex outlet
- Wireless Internet connection
- One Conference package
- Name badges, coffee breaks, and lunches as well as the wine & cheese reception on Monday for 2 reps (additional exhibitor/rep packages can be purchased - $80/person + GST)
Additional electrical capacity can be purchased by contacting Kristine Witkowski at the Convention Centre – Tel: 250 490 2466 Email: email@example.com
Additional furniture is available at your own cost from Showtime (www.showtimedisplay.com) as per the attached price list. You can save money by placing advance orders. You can place an online order 24 hours a day, any day of the week. Showtime’s online storefront is safe and secure and contains pictures and descriptions of each product and service it offers.
- Sunday, July 16, 2017 1:00 to 7:00 pm
- Monday, July 17, 2017 6:30 to 7:30 am (1 hour only)
- Tuesday, July 18, 2016 3:00 pm (no early tear down will be permitted unless authorized by Carolyn MacLaren, conference coordinator)
Loading Area: At the back of the Convention Centre on Alberni St off Westminster Ave - Doors B or C
- The conference coordinator will be at the Convention Centre on Sunday until 5 pm to assist you. She will be at the registration table where you can pick up your exhibitor packages and name badges.
- Showtime will be on-site should you require any additional tables… They also have curtain hooks for banners. They will be located near the loading dock.
The floor plan and a list of where exhibitors are located can be downloaded here.
Yes, tradeshow passes can be purchased at the registration desk for $25. Your clients can purchase their passes at the registration table. This pass allows them access to the tradeshow only (but not the presentations, food, nor wines)
NOTE: The passes are valid Monday, July 17 (9 am to 2 pm only due to the Wine & Cheese reception) and Tuesday, July 18 (9 am to 2:30 pm)
Monday, July 17 - 7:30 am - 6:30 pm (5:00-6:30 wine & cheese in the atrium and tradeshow hall for delegates, speakers, and exhibitors). The tradeshow closes to the tradeshow-only visitors at 2:00 pm.
Tuesday, July 18 7:30 am - 3:00 pm (unless advised differently by BCWGC)